ISO experience w/cross border dog travel because of road closures

Given the nightmare of closed highways etc. from the coast to anywhere past Princeton / Osoyoos: has anyone had any experience with going through the States nd taking their dog as well, both down to Washington state through Peace Arch or truck crossing, and then across and up through whatever border crossing is accessible to get back to Canada? TIA for any info provided. I know rabies vaccine record were always required before, but is there any other stipulations with bringing your dog down and back?

Just got back..zero issues with woof companion.

Just say you're transmitting through..and have your dog vacc papers, ArriveCan app complete (and personal vacc proof for USA).

Take under 72hrs...and no test required :)

MJones: thanks so much for the feedback! I have some family members that will be relieved to hear this! There's nothing like getting a report from someone who's actually done/had the experience, vs. hearing all the "advice" given out by others out there. Really appreciated!!

Yeah we just transited through washington to Vancouver with the pooch. We had her vacination papers. No issues. 

Hi folks, can anyone tell me if they are exempting passport requirements due to our highways being shut down? We keep hearing mixed things about travel requirements and being able to cross the border with a BC ID. Does anyone know if you can travel through the states to Vancouver with just a BC drivers license or do they require passports at this time? Thank you!

509-732-4418

Best to call..

Haven't heard of a passport or vaccine requirement amendment.

Thanks for that. Called the border office and while he couldnt guarantee anything obviously, he said we should be able to get through with an enhanced drivers license or a birth certificate and BC drivers license and have double vaccines (in case anyone else is wondering). 

I have crossed the boarder many times with my dog. They can ask you for the dog's license. I find that as long as there is a nice shiny tag on the collar they tend to not ask to see rabies or license papers. As a result, I have a boarder-crossing collar in my travel bag. Those ruddy tags always get lost. As mentioned above, you must have proof of rabies if they ask for it.