Attacked by Border Collie (?) on Louie Joe

Be on the lookout for a dangerous black and white dog, potentially a border collie.

Our family was attacked by an extremely aggressive white and black dog this afternoon around 4:30-5:00PM on the Louie Joe trail. The aggressive dog was being walked off leash by two irresponsible mid forties women with another brown/beige dog who was not aggressive. The border collie tried to bite our 6 month old daughter who was being held in a chest mounted baby carrier and DID bite another family member on the leg. The owner made no attempt to control her barking and snarling animal until AFTER it had bitten one of the adults in our group.

Everyone wants to have their dogs off leash in Rossland, but it is getting to the point where it is unsafe for adults, let alone children to walk on the trails and around town. I have been bitten while riding my bike on the railgrade, my wife has had a dog jump up at her face trying to bite her in a parking lot, we've had articles of clothing (hats, gloves) ripped off by dogs, and we have had dogs snap, bark and lunge at our daughter more times than we can count in her short 6 months of life. Enough is enough. You know who you are and I hope you are ashamed of yourselves. You don’t have a right to put others in danger just because you are too lazy to put a leash on your dog. We’ll be carrying dog spray from now on and the next aggressive dog we encounter will be getting a face full.

Done. Thanks for the link.

As challenging as it can be in the moment, near impossible in the scenario you faced, taking a photo of the dog and/or owner(s) can prove very useful. If possible, also get their home address. If a bear did that it gets, ummm, dealt with one way or another.