Dog's paws are not impervious to cold!!

Some people seem to think that dogs' pads work like shoes or even boots.....they do not! They are not impervious to the elements or weather.....I have seen too many dogs tied up downtown in this very cold weather and some of them doing a two step with their paws because it's so cold on their feet and  sometimes they don't even have space to move a few feet....some are even tied where there's a metal grate /surface that they are on, and that's even worse! Ever touch metal when it's cold??? For  &$@&# sake keep your pooch at home or take him /her inside whenever possible....if you want to know what it feels like for them, please take your shoes/boots off and stand on the sidewalk in this weather....or on a metal covering.....feel ok to you???

Agreed, (some) people don't take enough notice of how their dogs are feeling. Some dogs feel cold more than others and lifting paws alternately is an obvious sign of discomfort. All the pet stores sell boots for dogs. Same thing goes for hot sidewalks/pavements during hot summer temperatures. None of the City's 'dog parking' areas are in suitable places either. 

I also wonder how some people can leave their dogs outside in the cold for ages while they have breakfast or lunch in a cafe. Or go on vacation and leave them in the house alone. 

Tell it to the malamutes!!

A more worthy consideration in a moderate climate like ours would be how long folks run or bike or ski their dogs....ask any vet in the Koots. 

But keep judging baby!!!

Some dogs have fur  growing around and through their toes towards the bottom of their  paws (like malemutes) which helps with insulating their paws; most smooth coated dogs do not, and their pads hit the ground without added protection. And most dogs, unlike humans, won't complain about being hurt or discomforted and will only show their pain and discomfort through visual means like limping, licking excessivel, whimpering , and two stepping. 

Dogs in general have same capacity too fight Cold as Human's. Half this town has a It's just a DOG!!! attitude and literally leave Dogs laying in Snow chained up all winter. Ha!  or when I'm talking too my 4 month old Puppy I really appreciated  the  Old Karenzilla Neighbor  who walked by and Blabbed  It's Just A Dog! It's not a Child! Thankfully that Miserable Hag didnt have  a Dog herself and she's long moved. If paws bleed? Boots. Kinda common sense?