Further to dogs' paws in the cold

For people who were (maybe not, but it did seem like it ) scoffing at a previous post trying to get people to understand the damage cold winter surfaces can do to a dog's paws, this was in today's local news

Paws freeze too

Saturday morning, a frontline RCMP officer received a report from a BC SPCA employee about a dog living on the street in downtown Trail.

Police were told the dog appeared to be in distress due to the extreme cold.

The dog was discovered tied to a parking meter and observed to have sustained injuries to its paws due to contact with the frozen ground.

Yes, when it is unseasonably cold as it is currently, this is a concern for some dogs. Minus 25 is different than minus 3 or 4!

The dog whom the RCMP were referring to is not a good  candidate for outdoor living- I saw him trying to access tent city on Spokane St. The cold is awful for all of them.

But for our dogs who were bred for Mid to Morthern American climates...this cold snap is wonderful for them!! Try to get my dog inside these days....lol

I think that most people have the common sense and compassion required to care for their pets.

It's JUST A DOG!!!

Umm...no! You didn't get the memo.

They are a partner replacement and btw...dog house for rent!