Dog Attack - Esling Dr

Hi Everyone,

I'm usually pretty content with things in the area and never want to make a big deal out of something, but this was terrifying. 

I was out for a run last night, Jan 30, 2024, @ 5 pm on Esling Dr, heading to the wagon road entrance, when all of a sudden, a woman asked me to stop running, so I paused my music and stopped when three dogs came running at me, jumping at me and trying to bite my arms. The one dog, thank god, had a muzzle on and was a black dog. It was trying so hard to bite me that it kept ramming its muzzle into my hip, trying to bite, which hurt quite a bit. Two more dogs were trying to bite me, and the brown one almost got my arm if I didn't notice at the last second. 

There were no leashes, and the woman's only way of stopping the situation was to run away in hopes the dogs would follow. She could not control them for the few minutes they were jumping and pushing me. 

I understand people have the right to walk their dogs, but you need a leash or something. This could have been so much worse if the one dog didn't have a muzzle on or if this was a small child or person. 

Please, everyone, this is the place where kids walk home or families, etc. They shouldn't have to live in fear of a person's dog when out and about. 

If you know anything about these dogs, I would appreciate telling them never to allow their dogs to go out without a leash and maybe somewhere where people don't walk to avoid situations like this. 

I am writing this cause I would feel horrible if this happened again and someone got severely hurt.

If you have any info, please send your email to bylaw@rossland.ca

Sorry to hear this Redman and thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention. Dear dog owners. If you can't heel your dog in one command it should be on a leash. Simple. I have had numerous run ins with an older gent in town with a crooked neck and a husky who attacks other dogs and aggressively snarls at people. Never on a leash I have called him out on this and his reply always is don't worry she is friendly. Please take control of your dog before they seriously injure someone. Jeez pretty soon we'll be following them around holding their crap. Oh wait...

This is terrifying. 5 PM is a busy time in terms of people and pets being active after work. What is the physical description of the woman? What was she wearing? We'll be on the lookout for this as yeah it could have been a kid! 

Yeah, as a pet owner, dog sitter and dog walker I've seen some unacceptable dog owner and severe dog aggression and anxiety riddled behaviors. I

t's not okay for un-socialized and or trauma filled dogs to show aggression towards well socialized dogs on a heavily used trail. Know your pets limits and play within it otherwise people will begin to call bylaw ect and you risk loosing your beloved fur baby. I'll say it again, know your pet, don't lie to yourself and go elsewhere. It's that simple. 

I hope that you file a complaint. I was attacked today, possibly by the same dog, and immediately filed a report. The dog was at least a block away from me and he ran uphill to attack me. He proceeded to attack me a second time. Like you, the owner had no control and ran away hoping the dogs would follow her. Thankfully, they did! 

The bylaw officer was very professional. However, he needs citizens to file reports in order for him to take action against this irresponsible dog owner. What if this was a child? The area where I was attacked is an area where children walk to and from downtown. 

Please file a report. It will help make our community safe! 

This is not acceptable!! Those dogs should be put down. File complaints people!!

Sadly, I know of too many people with life altering injuries from unleashed dogs.  Some aggressive - bites leading to infection, some just overly friendly knocking over a frail person and causing broken bones.  It could even be considered an able-ist attitude to think your dog making friendly un-invited contact with another person is ok, and that your dog's right to roam trumps all.  Everyone has the right to walk outside without fear of being knocked over by a dog, or attacked.  I stopped riding my bike on the rail grade because of too many scary incidents of dogs chasing me.  In other situatiions I've had "friendly" dogs nearly knock me off my bike.  People of  ages and abilities should be able to enjoy the trails without this fear.  

So if you can report incidents of improperly controlled animals, please do it - it could save someone from a very traumatic life event.

I'd guess the owners of the dogs are ew people to town Trans? And let's see... the dogs? There was none but let's go after them the dogs and thier kids. Seen this vicious dog gaslighting move a few times I'm sure my Dogs Gay and Vited Truedau oh and she's so vicious! Ha the lengths the Cult will go too gaslight Trans that aren't Narcissistic and Far Right is Demonic. If it smells like a Story? It is. Funny thing in Rossland? What's abnormal elsewhere? Is the norm here. Runoyrs,gossiping,bullying,hate,miserable faces.  All the NORM...

Robinson....bro. you're completely out to lunch. 

my compassionate side wants to make sure you're okay?? You struggling with making freinds? Mental health?? Or clearly feeling like you don't "fit in"?? 
but then the side of me that's sick of seeing you spew so much hate into a community that has saved my life says, Maybe it's time to move on, and move out?  You're literally the most negative thing I see that has to do with rossland. Your rhetoric is played out. youve clearly never been attacked by a dog or had negligent owners not do anything. down playing this situation and making the victims out to be gaslighters?? Maybe it's time to gaslight yourself on fire bud. 

Dan. 

Henrick, so sorry to hear about this. Can you give a physical description of the woman and her dogs? Even if it's '35-50' white woman, brown hair, 5'4" wearing Blundstones (aka the average), what she was wearing? Dogs (did you hear names or is there a breed description?). 

If your dog doesn't have perfect recall, leash it. Yeah sorry 'friendly' dogs, they might meet the wrong dog leashed up. Runners? Kids? Bikers? Leash.Your.Dog. 

A bite to an adult can be disfiguring or deadly to a kid due to their size. A dog knocking over an elderly person can mean a decline for the senior.

Please give a description and if this woman is out, please take photos and share with bylaw. This is unacceptable.