Veterinarian recommendations

Hello!

I'm seeking a vet for my cat, and I know the clinics taking new patients are far and few. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks! :)

Nelson Animal Hospital is a bit of a drive, but it is where we were able to get our dog in.

I think it is evident that Rossland would do with a local vet. There are so many people who are looking for a vet. May be the coucil should start thinking what kind of incentive they could provide to get a vet established in our city.

@Krystyna  - that is a fantastic idea! Wow, it would be so convenient and they would be full up immediately. 

I do know, however, that there is a great shortage of vets and not just around here. See article below, from Dec. 2021. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try but it's a question of supply. Obvs Rossland is very attractive re: lifestyle (just look around at the number of doctors who live here!). 

https://davidthompsonthings.com/the-shortage-of-veterinarians-in-canada-...

SPortz – just to say there is a shortage of GPs in Rossland. We have no doctor since ours left the Monashee Clinic last year, along with another doctor, and are now back on a very long wait list.

While this is unfortunate for pet owners it is not an issue for Council to take on or put City funds towards with incentives. 

The shortage of doctors for people and vets for pets is probably a point to be taken into consideration before deciding to move to Rossland.

@mde999 - I do belive that the council gave tax exemption to Josie Hotel in 2016 which saved them quite a lot of money. 

This is a quote from an article in Trail Times published in May 2019:

'Under its five-year exemption (which ends next year), the Josie will have saved about $208,000 in muncipal taxes.'

Obviously what Rossland really needs is more upscale hotels rather than something which would benefit a lot of Rosslanders like a vet or a dentist for that matter.

Thank you for the recommendations! :)